Greater Madison Writing Project Vision & Mission Statement
Our Vision is to lead an education revolution through writing where teachers are at the center and students are at the heart of every classroom, school and district in our nation.
Our Mission is to serve as a professional home that nurtures, inspires and empowers educators to be engaged writers, researchers, leaders and activists in their schools and communities so they will nurture, inspire and empower students to be writers, researchers, leaders and activists themselves.
The Greater Madison Writing Project values…
- Imagination and Creativity
- Passion and Optimism
- Diversity and Equity
- Mentorship and Collaboration
- We believe that educators are experts, and inspired and empowered educators can change the world.
- We believe in writing as a reflective and creative practice that is essential to having voice in one’s life.
- We believe all people can learn and that all learners deserve an engaging and enriching education.
- We believe educators are lifelong learners.
- We believe in a holistic approach to education that considers the whole person.
- We believe in intentional and sustainable growth for ourselves, our students and our organization.